Thursday, December 31, 2009

My first Serger


So 2010 is starting a new beginning for me and sewing. I purchased my very first serger today. It is a Pfaff Hobbylock 2.0. I have no clue what even to do with it yet. I brought it home took it out of the box, took some pics and then walked away, because truthfully I have no clue where to even start. I need to go find a beginning serging book since I don't think I will be taking a class for awhile. Even though I don't know how to use it I am so excited to see where I can go this next year with it. Over the past couple of months I have really gotten a passion for making clothing for Raider and this serger is going to make it so much easier I believe. I also got a subscription to Ottobre a magazine full of patterns for kids clothing. So my New Year's resolution is to figure out how to use my serger and grow and challenge myself in learning new techniques in sewing.

1 comment:

  1. You're unlucky... because all I have to do is use it, and then if it messes up, I have my mom and she comes and makes it better. Sure, it may be a pathetic way to live, but she has yet to force me to grow up... and so I haven't. Good luck, though. I understand your challenge completely!

    ReplyDelete